Questions to Ask Yourself About Coaching
- What event, situation, or perspective is motivating me to work with a coach?
- What personal and professional strengths do I want to build even further?
- What challenges will I face in working with a coach?
- What personal or professional development areas am I already aware of?
- What defines a successful coaching experience for me?
Questions to Ask a Prospective Coach
- Ask them to describe an experience with a client whose goals were similar to yours.
- Share one strength and one challenge and ask them how their approach to coaching will assist you.
- Ask them what types of clients or growth opportunities they work most effectively with.
- Ask them how they will assist you in setting objectives and measuring your results.
- Ask them what defines a successful coaching engagement with a client.